We aim to support and empower a healthy and successful financial system, where firms can thrive and consumers can place their trust in transparent and open markets.
We protect and enhance the integrity of the global financial system. This benefits firms, individuals and society as a whole, and we work to ensure markets are effective, efficient and reliable.
The markets will need to be encouraged by resilient infrastructure, with proper access and Transparency to fulfill the requirements of these consumers, corporates and other Wholesale customers that utilize them.
We seek to ensure that:
- Senior management is accountable for their capital markets activities, including principal and agency responsibilities
- There is a positive culture of proactively identifying and managing conflicts of interest
- There is orderly resolution and return of client assets
- Firms’ business models, activities, controls and behavior maintain trust in the integrity of markets and do not create or allow market abuse, systemic risk or financial crime
- Marketplace efficiency, Durability and Cleanliness Is delivered via transparency, surveillance and also the oversight of Infrastructures, in addition to their users
- Firms, acting as agents on behalf of their clients, put clients’ best interests at the heart of their businesses
- We intervene early in wholesale markets to mitigate the risk of harm being transmitted to retail consumers
As a matter of policy we Generally Plan to pick the most pro-competitive measure open to us provided that it's compatible with our responsibilities as a whole. Consideration of how to apply this in practice will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Fraud Bureau was created to provide a single point of accountability for enforcing federal consumer financial laws and protecting consumers in the financial marketplace. Before, that responsibility was divided among several agencies. Today, it’s our primary focus.
Fraud Bureau is the conduct regulator for 100,000+ financial services firms and financial markets regulator for over 20,000 of those firms.
We participate regularly with a Wide Selection of European and Global counterparts and analysts, both bilaterally and in multilateral forums